Railway Stations in AgraFamous all over the world, the erstwhile capital of India, Agra records a large number of footfalls in terms of tourists and travelers from all over the world for Taj Mahal which is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The city of Agra offers a peek into the Mughal heritage and rich archeological history of the country during the 16th and 17th century. Well connected to all the major cities in the country, Agra boasts of four railway stations – Agra Cantt, Agra Fort Station, Raja Ki Mandi and Idgah Railway Station. While these four stations are broad gauge railway lines connecting Agra to various major cities in the country, the Agra city railway station is a metre gauge railway line with very few any trains making their stops here.
Agra Cantt Railway StationWith the station code of AGC, Agra Cantt is the main railway station in the city. With close proximity to the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort, this station lies in the south-west direction of these two famous tourist attractions. With a Comesum food court, the station offers cheap yet hygienic food and takeaway orders like sandwiches and samosas etc. If you wish to travel straight to the Taj Mahal or the Agra Fort from the station, the local transport easily available outside the station can be of great convenience as these famous monuments are just a short ride by car, auto-rickshaw or cycle rickshaw. A prepaid taxi stand outside the station charges a flat rate of INR 150 to take you to any hotel in the city whereas for a cheaper mode of conveyance, you may walk for a little while to catch an auto-rickshaw for INR 50, but if you are a foreigner, it’s highly unlikely that such auto-rickshaws will speak in English.
Hotels near Agra Cantt Railway Station
- Hotel Regency: - Situated next to the railway station itself, this three star hotel offer accommodation at a starting price of INR 779 (per room, per night).
- Prem Sagar Hotel: - This hotel is situated next to the railway station itself and offers cheap accommodation at INR 500 (per room, per night).
- Grand Hotel: - Situated 0 kms from the Agra Cantt Railway Station, this three star hotel offers accommodation at INR 1909 (per room, per night).
- Ranjit Hotel: - This budget hotel is situated next to the railway station and offers accommodation at INR 1200 (per room, per night).
- Hotel Deviram Palace Hotel: - Situated next to the railway station this hotel offers accommodation at INR 1530 (per room, per night).
- Narayan Palace Hotel: - Situated 0kms away from the station, this hotel offers accommodation at INR 1000 (per room, per night).
Agra Fort StationWith the station code AF, this station is situated near the Agra Fort but is not frequented by many train stoppages unlike the Agra Cantt. This station caters to the trains coming from the East (Kolkata, Gorakhpur and Kanpur), some of which make their stoppages at the Agra Fort Station as well.
Hotels near Agra Fort Station
- The Grand Imperial: - Situated 0.82 kms away from the station, this four star hotel offers accommodation at INR 3501 (per room, per night).
- Hotel Ajay International: - Situated 0.14 kms away from the station, this budget hotel offers accommodation at INR 800 (per room, per night).
- Sun Hotel Agra: - Situated 0.28 kms away from the station, this three star hotel offers accommodation at INR 1750 (per room, per night).
Raja Ki Mandi AgraWith the station code RKM; this station is relatively small in size. Situated in the heart of the city, this station shares the stoppages of the trains that frequent the Agra Cantt Station. With a lazy atmosphere on the station, the platforms come alive with the interstate express and the Taj express, both of which have frequent stoppages at the Raja Ki Mandi Station.
Hotels near Raja Ki Mandi
- Amba Inn Hotel: - Situated just next to the station, this budget hotel provides accommodation at INR 1600 (per room, per night).
- Dharamlok Hotel: - Situated right next to the station, this hotel offers accommodation at INR 500 (per room, per night).
- Eminent Hotel: - Situated right next to the station, this two star budget hotel provides accommodation at INR 1750 (per room, per night).
Idgah Railway Station in AgraThis station is the first stop when you travel from Jaipur into the city of Agra. On the outskirts, this station is not as useful as the others in its league and is mostly used as a passing intersection for trains that travel into the city to other bigger stations.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0